Graduate students studying linguistic anthropology are required to take:
- The department’s core requirements for all graduate students.
- Two advanced graduate seminars in linguistic anthropology. View course descriptions.
- One course in linguistic anthropology methods (361 or 461).
- At least one (preferably two or more) of the rotating graduate seminars offered every three years in cultural anthropology (Economic Anthropology, Religion
Values, Globalization, etc.). View and class schedule. current
- Three additional courses selected from a list approved by cultural faculty or petition to have another course count toward this requirement.
Please note that you do not need to take all three course simultaneously; you must take three approved course by the end of your course of study.Back to top