Why study at Northwestern?
The Department of Anthropology offers graduate students varied and rich educational opportunities:
- Connections to interdisciplinary programs in the University and opportunities to participate in an interdisciplinary learning cluster.
- Ongoing field research projects and archaeological excavations around the world.
- Professional training in research design, grant preparation and teaching.
- Opportunities for study at major Chicago-area universities, laboratories
andmuseums. Joint research with Chicago’s Field Museum exists studying archaeologyof complex societies and urban anthropology focusing on Chicago culture, communities and social change.
- Financial aid packages.
Review enrollment, admissions, and placement statistics for the department.
Required application materials
To apply to our graduate program, you will need to submit the following materials to the Department of Anthropology by our December 5th deadline:
- The Graduate School Application
- Statement of Purpose (include research interests, methodologies, and world area interests)
- Official Transcripts (from all universities attended)
- GRE Scores (not required, submission is optional)
- TOEFL Scores (TOEFL for international students only)
- Letters of Recommendation
- Writing Sample (desirable but not required, upload to your Online Application)
- Curriculum Vita (desirable but not required, upload to your Online Application)
Please note: The video interview is an existing feature of the Online CollegeNET Application System and not required for the
For additional details about the application process, visit our Application Procedure webpage.Back to top