Staff - Who to Contact
- Staff roles about/staff-roles-2022.pdf
Speaking, publishing, awards
Let the department know about your speaking engagements, new publications and awards. Fill out this form.
Purchase Orders can be issued to any vendor in the University database. iBUY NU is an online marketplace consisting of Northwestern's preferred vendors. Shoppers fill carts in iBUY and assign those carts to a Requester for processing. Please email email@example.com for purchasing from
New Vendors and Payees
New vendors, independent contractors, and reimbursed visitors must be added to the University vendor database before a payment can be issued.
- IRS Form W-9: Must be signed and dated within the past calendar year.
- IRS Form W-8: Must be signed and dated within the past calendar year.
- Conflict of Interest Form: To be completed and signed by the person requesting the new vendor.
- Direct Payment Request: To be completed by the person requesting the new vendor.
- Contracted Services Form for U.S. Residents: For guest speakers and other independent contractors; must be signed and dated by the payee.
- Visitor's Expense Report: For visitor or contractor expenses.
- Research Subject Payment Form For payments to research participants.
- International Wire Transfer Form For payments via wire transfer.
- Independent Contractor Questionnaire
- Payments to Individuals - Flowchart and Forms Needed
Employee Expense Reimbursements
All reimbursement requests consist of two elements:
---original itemized receipts for goods &/or services
---backup documentation. For conferences, a program or ID badge; for collaborative meetings, email correspondence; for general data collection (fieldwork) please describe in writing how, where, and when data was collected, and include whatever backup documentation you may have.
Travel should be booked through Northwestern's Travel Agencies whenever possible. Please consult with William Voltz or Nancy Hickey before booking with NU-Egencia or NU-Travel 100.
*Please submit all reimbursement requests in a single packet of printed documents, or as a set of scanned .pdf’s attached to a single email, to
- Weinberg College of Arts & Sciences Financial Policy Guide August 2022
- Expense Policy Exception Request
- TGS Faculty Research Grant (FRG)
- TGS Graduate Research Grant (GRG)
- TGS Conference Travel Grant (CTG)
- TGS Summer Language Grant (SLG)
- TGS Career Development Grant (CDG)