Staff - Who to Contact
Purchase Orders can be issued to any vendor in the University database. iBUY NU is an online marketplace consisting of Northwestern's preferred vendors. Shoppers fill carts in iBUY and assign those carts to a Requester for processing. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for purchasing from
New Vendors and Payees
New vendors, independent contractors, and reimbursed visitors must be added to the University vendor database before a payment can be issued.
- IRS Form W-9: Must be signed and dated within the past calendar year.
- IRS Form W-8: Must be signed and dated within the past calendar year.
- Conflict of Interest Form: To be completed and signed by the person requesting the new vendor.
- Direct Payment Request: To be completed by the person requesting the new vendor.
- Contracted Services Form for U.S. Residents: For guest speakers and other independent contractors; must be signed and dated by the payee.
- Visitor's Expense Report: For visitor or contractor expenses.
- Research Subject Payment Form For payments to research participants.
- International Wire Transfer Form For payments via wire transfer.
- Independent Contractor Questionnaire
- Payments to Individuals - Flowchart and Forms Needed
Employee Expense Reimbursements
All reimbursement requests consist of two elements:
---original itemized receipts for goods &/or services
---backup documentation. For conferences, a program or ID badge; for collaborative meetings, email correspondence; for general data collection (fieldwork) please describe in writing how, where, and when data was collected, and include whatever backup documentation you may have.
Per Diem for Meals & Incidentals
If you plan to claim per diem for Meals & Incidentals instead of submitting food receipts, you will need complete proof of lodging for each day you intend to claim. A typical hotel bill includes your name, the name & address of the hotel, dates and itemized charges for each night of stay, itemized room service/food/bar charges, and proof of payment. If your lodging documentation does not contain all of the above details, you may be asked to contact the host and ask for additional documentation if you want to claim M&I per diem. It is advised to obtain and save complete, itemized receipts for all expenses incurred during travel.
If you stay in non-hotel/motel lodging and wish to claim M&I Per Diem, you may use the Meals & Incidentals Per Diem - Unconventional Lodging Form to be sure that we have the information required for your reimbursement or per diem. Please note: this form does not replace receipts for the cost of lodging.
*Please submit all reimbursement requests in a single packet of printed documents, or as a set of scanned .pdf’s attached to a single email, to
- WCAS Financial Policy Quick Guide
- University Travel Policy - excerpts
- Expense Policy Exception Request
- TGS Faculty Research Grant (FRG)
- TGS Graduate Research Grant (GRG)
- TGS Conference Travel Grant (CTG)
- TGS Summer Language Grant (SLG)
- TGS Career Development Grant (CDG)